Through our online course on Hermeticism, you’ll gain a deep understanding of this ancient and powerful tradition, and learn how to apply its teachings to transform your life.
Our authentic teachings, practical exercises, and accessible learning platform make this course an invaluable resource for anyone looking to unlock the secrets of Hermeticism and achieve profound personal growth.
In a world that can often feel chaotic and uncertain, the Way of Hermes offers a timeless and powerful path to greater clarity, wisdom, and purpose. By enrolling in our online course, you’ll gain the tools and knowledge you need to transform your life.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced practitioner, our course offers a comprehensive and practical guide to the theory and practice of Hermetic philosophy.
“The more one studies the best of these mystical sermons, casting aside all prejudice, and trying to feel and think with the writers, the nearer one is conscious of approaching the threshold of what may well be believed to have been the true Adytum of the best in the mystery-traditions of antiquity. Innumerable are the hints of the greatnesses and immensities lying beyond that threshold – among other precious things the vision of the key to Egypt’s wisdom, the interpretation of apocalypsis by the light of the sun-clear epopteia of the intelligible cosmos. Such greatnesses and such mysteries have a power and beauty which the most disreputable tradition of the texts through unknowing hands cannot wholly disguise, and they are still recognisable, even though thus clad in the rags of their once fair garments, by those who have eyes to see and ears to hear.“Thrice-Greatest Hermes: Studies in Hellenistic Theosophy and Gnosis by G.R.S. Mead
How to do the course
1. Set aside one hour for each topic and work on one topic per week.
2. Study the lesson and read the related paragraphs in the Corpus Hermeticum of that week.
3. Try the practices given as part of the homework in a consistent manner.
4. Email us at any time to let us know how you are getting on or if you have any questions.
5. Once you have completed the course and you want to learn more, join the Community.
“The Corpus Hermeticum and the other hermetic texts can be overwelming, there’s a huge quantity of informations to understand and digest, but the Way of Hermes is an incredible ally if you want to delve into Hermeticism. It’s not easy to find books that explain clearly the main themes of Hermeticism, and the course not only does that in a wonderful way, but accompany you during your journey into exploring this current. The excercises, also, are very useful in creating an effective mindset that not only help you understand the core concepts of Hermeticism, but also help you in reaching a state to contemplate, meditate and reach your personal gnosis, allowing you not only to understand Hermeticism, but also to live it.”Review by HieraTechne on Discord
Read the interview with the developers: The Way of Hermes Unveiled
What students say
This course contains a large amount of theory and an even greater amount of practical exercises and assignments. Enough to last the rest of your life. Our advice is to do all the assignments and exercises.
You have plenty of time to do the course, so use it. A little every day, or even a little every two or three days, is more than enough.
In doing the course you can jot down reminders and key points as you go through your course – you can even export and print your notes for offline reference! So take plenty of notes! It is also interesting to go over all your notes after you have completed the course to see how what you have learned and how far you have progressed along the Way of Hermes.
Join Our Forum Community
Our forum is the place where you can exchange thoughts, experiences, and practices. Whether you’re a beginner, more advanced, or someone with a burning question, you’ll find a supportive space on the forum.
By purchasing this course, you agree that you understand that no part of the material dictated or provided throughout the duration of the course may be reproduced, distributed, or used in any other form (neither electronic nor mechanical, including photocopies and recordings), without direct and written consent.
Sources for the online course
The online course is based on authentic hermetic texts. There are three versions of the Corpus Hermeticum that have been consulted for this course:
1. Brian Copenhaver, Hermetica: The Greek Corpus Hermeticum and the Latin Asclepius in a new English translation, with notes and introduction. Cambridge University Press, 1995. Although this book is not as affordable as Salaman's translation below, it is an excellent translation and offers a more critical and academic approach with many footnotes. Link
2. Clement Salaman, The Way of Hermes: New Translations of the Corpus Hermeticum and the Definitions of Hermes Trismegistus to Asclepius. Inner Traditions, 2004. This is the most readable and accessible version of the Corpus Hermeticum and also contains the Definitions of Hermes Trismegistus. Link
3. GRS Mead, The Corpus Hermeticum. Thrice Greatest Hermes, vol. 2. London, 1906. This is the most popular version that most people know and has been using for over a hundred years. Although it has some theosophical biases, it's still a surprisingly good and very affordable translation, even if the language is a bit old-fashioned. Link
Our advice is to buy a physical copy of one of these books from your favorite bookseller to use together with the online course. The book Way of Hermes by Clement Salaman is especially recommended as that book is both easily available and cheap.
We have consulted the following additional sources in developing the online course:
- M. David Litwa, "Hermetica II" (Stobaean Fragments and many other smaller texts)
- Hans D. Betz, "The Greek Magical Papyri in Translation"
- Garth Fowden, "The Egyptian Hermes"
- Christian Bull, "The Tradition of Hermes Trismegistus"
- Kevin van Bladel, "The Arabic Hermes"
- Wouter J. Hanegraaff, "Hermetic Spirituality and the Historical Imagination"